Informed Discourse Day Resources
Here are some documents that helped me plan and organize the Informed Discourse Day at Marist School in 2016.
- Program for Assembly - each student and faculty member had this program to look through during the assembly.
- Curriculum for Breakout Sessions - this document contains the five lesson plans that walked students through how to make a Public Service Announcement and post it to YouTube. Watch a completed PSA here.
- Student Leader Training Packet - each student leader got this double sided sheet for the training day. I also gave them copies of the curriculum and walked through each packet.
- Survival Pack Cover - each faculty member involved got a survival pack of everything they needed for the day. This helped them have a checklist.
- Introduction to Day for Students - this powerpoint was the one every Student Leader on the team used to share information about the day. Each slide has a form of their script.
- Introduction to Day for Faculty - this document was used to introduce concept to entire faculty during a faculty meeting.
- Instructions for Student Leaders (day of) - this document detailed every section of the day for the student leaders.
- Instructions for Faculty (day of) - this document detailed the advisor (faculty) member's role for the day and gave them a copy of the student leaders instructions as well.
- Instructions for Administration (day of) - this documents outlines where administrators needed to be on the day and what their role was.
- Presentation for Broadcast Journalism Class - this powerpoint was the one I used to explain our broadcast team's role for the day and what I wanted from them. Watch their final product here.
- Presentation for Mobile App Development Class - this powerpoint was the one I used to explain to the Mobile App Development course their role for the day and the product I wanted from them.
Here is a copy of the presentation from the NSDA National Education Conference and a copy of the handout.